Climate in the Top End
We’d like to share with you what we’ve learnt about climate forecasts in the Top End.
We’d like to hear from you about what you need from a climate forecast.
What causes a ‘good wet’? Why was there a ‘bad wet’?
Can we forecast what this year will bring?
Why didn’t La Niña give me a good year?
Will there be a dry break in February for me to muster/move trucks/make deliveries?
We would like to invite you to a one day workshop to learn more about the climate of your region and to help us learn more about your climate-related decisions.
- Come and hear about El Niño, the Indian Ocean Dipole, and the Madden Julian Oscillation.
- Find out how they affect the weather on your property and access to roads around you.
- Learn where to get the most up to date climate forecasts for the wet season ahead.
- Discuss what climate change will mean for you.
- Talk to climate scientists about the sort of information you would like to know.
- Work with us to develop the sort of information tools you need to make your decisions.
Darwin – 6th April, Berrimah Farm, 9am-2pm
Katherine – 7th April, Paterson Room, Katherine Research Station
Douglas-Daly – 8th April, TBA.
Please RSVP – Eva Zinkovsky
(02) 6246 4062