On 4 June 2009 we held a forum in Canberra to consider how we can make it easier for primary producers to adapt to Australia’s changing climate.
We organised the forum with the Climate Change Research Strategy for Primary Industries partnership.
Topics discussed include:
- Weather and climate forecasting: skill, value and prospects
- Australia’s climate drivers
- Predictability and prediction of regional climate: successes and challenges
- Predictive Ocean Atmosphere Model for Australia: key elements for improvement and future direction
- Sustainability, sugar practices and increasing climate variability
- Fisheries, stock predictions and effort management
- Knowledge and adoption
Download videos of the presentations.